Hey Miners, this article is a complete review of the
Blackminer F1 FPGA mining board. We will be covering their mining performance, pros and cons, review of the hardware, and the company behind this board. Let's get started!
Blackminer F1 is an FPGA board made by a company called
BlackBlock under the brand
HashAltcoin. This board looks and works similar to an ASIC.
Blackminer F1 has two boards with six
K7 chips on each.
What's the difference between the
VU9P chip and the
Both of the chips are from Xilinx. As we can see from the tables above,
VU9P has more LUTs compared to
VU9P can fit bigger algorithm into the chip. Therefore, price-wise,
VU9P is more expensive than
K7. With 12
K7 chips inside
F1 is still cheaper than other
Mining and Profitability
This is the official
Blackminer F1 current mining performance that was released by
Blackminer F1 has the capacity to run at a higher speed than other
VU9P boards currently in the market. We also had the chance to test the latest bitstream (Algo5) from the
Here are the results:
*As of March 6th 2019
💸SAVE $100 when you buy from our Shop 💸
FPGA.guide has an EXCLUSIVE OFFER where you can purchase this F1 Miner for ONLY $1900, compared to purchasing from the Official Hashaltcoin Store for $2000!
- 💰 Best Break Even Point (BEP). Priced at $1900 and able to run faster than other
- 👨💻 Team of Bitstream Developers. They have their own team of developers constantly looking for coins worth mining. Currently they have the most bitstreams available, over any other board.
- ✅ Easy to Use. Just access your
F1IP address and set it all up from there.
- 💨 No Additional Cooling Needed. The Delta fan is enough to put the board below 60C.
- 🖥 No Motherboard Needed. You just need PSU and ethernet. That's all. Really.
- 🙉 Loud. The
F1 Blackmineris using Delta fan. Average noise is 66-72dB.
- ⚡️ High Power Consumption. High electricity rate might hurt your profit a bit since this FPGA can draw around 400-650W.
- ⛔ No SDK or community support.
F1is a closed platform and only HashAltcoin can make bitstreams for these boards.
Your Guide to FPGA Mining
The results of our mining performance are pretty similar to the official mining performance data from HashAltcoin.
Here are some screenshots of our test result as well.
F1 Blackminer Specification
Chip: Kintex 7 325T chips (6 on each board, 12 in total)
Core Voltage: 1V
Max Load: up to 50A per core
Power consumption: 420-610W
Cooling: 1 Delta Fan
Power slot: Five of 6-pin Power slot
F1 Blackminer is made by
HashAltcoin, which is owned by
BlackBlock is a startup company based in China that focuses on FPGA cryptocurrency mining.
Most of their design team members have more than 10 years' experience from top electronic engineering companies such as Huawei, Sony, MTK, Qualcomm, etc.
You can find some of them on discord under these usernames:
Blackminer_Lili is in charge of sales while
dboy are the
F1 Blackminer developers.